NIAAA Membership Information
If you are involved in administrating interscholastic athletics at the high school, middle school or junior high level, you should join the NIAAA. The NIAAA is a national professional organization administered by and for athletic administrators for the purpose of:
- Opportunity to nominate students from your school for the Fred Christian Scholarship
- Opportunity to serve on the OIAAA Athletic Director Board
- Professional growth of interscholastic athletic administrators.
- Promoting the development of state athletic administrators’ organizations.
- Providing an efficient system of exchange between individual members, state associations, and the national level.
- Preserving an educational foundation of interscholastic athletics and the role of those programs in the educational mission of the school.
NIAAA and OIAAA Membership Benefits
- Interscholastic Athletic Administration (IAA) magazine. A quarterly professional journal.
- High School Today, a monthly NFHS publication includes information on national issues affecting interscholastic athletics and activity programs
- $2,000,000 liability insurance while performing the duties of an athletic administrator (and additional coverage for those who have taken LTP 501 and LTP 504).
- $2500 term life insurance policy.
- Ability to purchase Long Term Health Care at discount rates, as well as discounts on Cancer Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Discount on registration for the National Conference of athletic administrators.
- Opportunities to serve on national committees
- Support, communication and informational materials regarding key issues, through interpretation, best practices, research, explanation and education
- Opportunity to nominate students from your school for the NIAAA Scholarship annually
- Opportunity for national recognition through the NIAAA Awards Program
- Access to numerous courses, media and print material pertinent to the role of the athletic administrator.
- Opportunity for children of registered AD’s to receive annual scholarships from OIAAA
- Collaboration with your colleagues in Athletic Administration